French startups movement La French Tech got to Kyiv
French Tech Kyiv started working in the capital of Ukraine, headed by CEO of UNIT.City Dominique Piotet
With the support of the French Embassy, Ukraine’s technology sector has joined the French community La French Tech. Dominique Piotet, CEO of UNIT.City, became the President of French Tech Kyiv.
La French Tech — a unique ecosystem operating in more than 100 cities around the world. It brings together young innovative companies, investors and digital executives and currently has 53 communities in France and 56 abroad. The other day, the Kyiv branch of the technology initiative was officially recognized by the French government.
“We are very pleased with this certification. Many French startups have decided to develop in Kyiv, and the French Tech brand will help support their development, encourage collective initiatives and strengthen ties between France and Ukraine in the innovation sector,” said Dominique Piotet.
Among the missions of French Tech Kyiv, the top manager of the first in Ukraine innovation park UNIT.City names:
- the unification of all players of the Ukrainian market to expand cooperation with the French innovation ecosystem;
- the organization of events for the exchange of knowledge and experience, cooperation with a number of industry communities in Ukraine;
- the popularization of Paris and Kyiv as important centres of the European technological space;
- support for startups and innovative companies in their international development, including French initiatives wishing to operate in Ukraine;
- building active relationships with communities French Tech in other countries.
According to the French Ambassador to Ukraine Etienne de Poncins, French Tech Kyiv gives international visibility to the Ukrainian technology community and is an important step in developing cooperation between French and Ukrainian companies in the innovation sector.
Well-known French companies such as Auchan, Bla Bla Car, Crédit Agricole Bank, Decathlon, Global Distribution Ukraine, Jeantet, L’Oréal, Mazars, MasSeeds, Orange, Renault, Ubisoft and others joined to the French Tech Kyiv.