Clinical trials of COVID-19 will be conducted in five Ukrainian hospitals
Experts will analyze the action of the drug “Bioven” of the pharmaceutical company Biopharma, whose strategic investor is UFuture
On May 4, 2020, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine issued Order №1038 “On conducting a clinical trial of a medicinal product intended for the implementation of measures aimed at preventing the occurrence and spread, localization and elimination of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)”.
“Biopharma has received official approval to begin clinical trials of a drug potentially effective in the treatment of COVID-19. Optimal life-sustaining therapy for patients with severe pneumonia caused by a new strain of coronavirus will alleviate the course of the disease and reduce the hospital load,” Kostyantyn Yefymenko, President of Biopharma, said.
According to the document, studies to evaluate the effectiveness of the drug in the treatment of patients with pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2 will be conducted on the basis of:
- Kyiv City Clinical Hospital №17 (Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care);
- Bila Tserkva City Hospital №3 (Infectious department);
- Lviv Regional Infectious Diseases Clinical Hospital (Department of Resuscitation and Intensive Care);
- City Infectious Diseases Hospital of Odessa City Council (Infectious boxing department);
- Kyiv City Clinical Hospital №4 (Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care).